Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Best Brussels Sprout Recipe Around


I have to admit I HATED brussels sprouts growing up. Honestly I hated most green veggies when I was younger. But in keeping up with the Sculpted by Summer Challenge, I have to come up with new and exciting ways to eats my greens.

I based this recipe on a menu item I had at one of my favorite Miami spots, The Sugarcane. Their sprouts were so wonderful, I almost ate the entire side for my dinner!

Ingredients:

6 oz. brussel sprouts (cleaned and quartered)
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tbsp. balsamic
2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. sugar (I use agave nectar)
salt and pepper to taste

The recipe calls for frying the sprouts in a pan to allow them to crisp.  This is ok, but I stay away from frying.  Place all ingredients in a baking pan and stir, evenly coating the veggies.  Bake in the oven at 365 for 16 to 18 minutes. And enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment