Tuesday, February 26, 2013

All Hail Kale!

In an effort to eat more veggies, I scoured Pinterest for some good kale recipies. I had looked into purchasing kale chips from my local grocer, but at $5 a bag for what only seemed like a handful of "chips", I thought I should try making them at home. 

Homemade Parmesan Kale Chips

Ingredients:

1 bunch kale (washed and dried)
2 cups shredded parmesan (or grated if you prefer)
Olive oil


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  While it is heating up, clean and thoroughly dry your kale.  Cut the stems and leaves into smaller pieces.

In a large freezer bag, place some of your kale leaves in with parmesan and olive oil so that they are lightly coated.  Remove and place out evenly on a baking sheet.

Bake for approximately 10 to 12 minuts.  Remove the sheet and flip the kale so they are evenly crispy.  Bake for another 4 to 6 minutes.



Next up....salt and vinegar kale chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment