Monday, September 10, 2012

Snack Time

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you had a nice weekend. I was in wedding mode this weekend with a bachelorette AND a wedding. That left me with Sunday to get some of my to-dos done, including a new snack recipe.
I have never tried chickpeas plain, but I love hummus, so this snack seemed appealing. It was also easy to make, with minimal ingredients, so of course I was on board.
Sweet and Salty Chickpeas


This recipe calls for:
1 can chickpeas – drained (you can also try them frozen as I did)
4 tablespoons olive oil
¼ tablespoon salt
½ tablespoon cinnamon or other spice
1 ¼ tablespoon brown sugar
Cook the chickpeas on a pan for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Mix the other ingredients in a separate bowl. Once out of the oven, transfer the chickpeas into the bowl and stir. These are great right out of the oven. Hopefully they are just as good the next day. This is a quick and low key snack. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment