Monday, December 10, 2012

A Different Kind of Christmas

If you have been watching the weather channel lately, you will notice that it feels nothing like Christmas down here in sunny Florida. As a matter of fact, it was unbearably hot at the Bucanneers/Eagles game yesterday afternoon.

As a former northerner, there is certainly something to be said for a white Christmas.  Although it may be cold outside, the crips air makes it so much easier to appreciate carolers, christmas trees, and songs about snowmen and winter wonderlands.

This year, I made Mickey take me to the illuminated boat parade in downtown St. Pete to get me in the Christmas spirit. I have wanted to attend for several years and have always missed it. And I LOVED every minute of it! Local boat owners light up their boats and compete for bragging rights for the most seaworthy Christmas decorations.


A view of downtown from the Pier.










This last one with the Pier replica was my favorite. STOP THE LENS!

No comments:

Post a Comment