Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Stock the Bar

This past weekend, we had the opportunity to host a Stock the Bar party for Mickey's cousin and his fiancé. We held it at one of the local restaurants, Johnny Reno's, which is located right on the end of the St. Petersburg Pier. The weather was nice, although a bit hot, but there was a fantastic 80s band, good food and good company.
In preparing for the party, I wanted to make a centerpiece that went along with the "drinking" theme. Mickey and I saved up the wine bottles we had shared over several weeks. Each bottle was sprayed with my favorite Caramel Latte spray paint. I then went to Facebook and found all of the couples' engagement pictures and printed them in black and white. Using spray adhesive, I attached one photo to each bottle, and then added a bow or wrapped rope around each.
The intention was to make one centerpiece in the center of the tables. As the table set up was not conducive to that, we stretched the bottles along the middle of each table. We then inserted tea roses and filler. Around the bottles, I laid out these cute Martha Stewart coasters that I found for $1.99 at Marshall's, and put party favors (alcohol nips and shakers) in little black gift bags around the table.






No comments:

Post a Comment