Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lay Off Me I’m Starving!

A couple of weeks ago, I found a recipe for energy balls on Pinterest (my love). After Mickey and I decided to do no process/gluten free, this recipe came in quite handy! And let me just tell you, after that 600 to 1000 calorie work out this morning, these are my lifeline right now!


No-Bake Energy Bites Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
  • 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used almond butter)
  • 1/2 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
  • 1/3 cup honey (I also mixed in some agave nectar, but don't use it as a complete substitute)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla


Method:

Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Makes about 20-25 balls.


The toasted coconut made the house smell amazing!


Nom Nom! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment