Tuesday, November 6, 2012

DIY – Chalkboard Paint Herb Garden

In addition to buying my veggie's fresh from the Saturday Morning Market, I have been buying fresh herbs to add as ingredients to my nightly meals. I know that I have the worst luck with keep plants alive, but I went out on a limb and bought a basil plant for my back deck. I thought it would be cute to paint the pots in chalkboard paint, instead of using a plant marker.


Chalkboard Paint Herb Garden

What you will need:

Clay pot (less than $3 at Michael's)

Martha Stewart or other brand of craft chalkboard paint

1 paintbrush and chalk

1 herb plant (try Publix or Fresh Market)


The pot took about 3 coats to completely cover with this paint. Once dry, I covered the pot in chalk to mute the color.


Ta Da!!! Let's just hope Addie doesn't love eating my basil!


No comments:

Post a Comment